Road to becoming an improved person in all areas of my life; motherhood, health, religion, appearance, organization, financial.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

7 days a week 2 times a day

As lunch time was approaching, I started craving to eat out.
Chinese food, Tostada Bowls and Subway where dancing in my head, but I put those thoughts aside.

I had to ask myself how badly do I want to loose weight and save money.  That question triggered a self realization.  I didn't want to eat out because the food around work is so delicious*, it's because I have cash in my wallet and I want to spend it. Money always seems to burn a whole in my wallet.

This triggers down to how I have been my adult life, I take easy ways out. Specially when it comes to food.  It's easier for me to eat out, than to cook a meal or pack a lunch.  This past month I vowed** that I would stop eating out because I hate living pay check to pay check (we calculated $1,200 a month on eating out - 7 days a week 2x a day)  and so far so good, but today's feeling scared me. 

*There's aren't that many option, and after 2 1/2 years, I am so tired of it all.
**Unfortunately this is not the first, second or third time I have vowed this, but this is the longest I have lasted.

No comments: