Road to becoming an improved person in all areas of my life; motherhood, health, religion, appearance, organization, financial.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

New Job

My job for the next two weeks is to lose 5 pounds, and get out of the 200’s foeva. The original plan was to lose 4 pounds this week and whatever came the following week, but that is rather aggressive and if I don’t achieve the goal - I will totally be bummed and I will then go back to a dark place mentally.

One of my many problems is that I set BIG/HUGE goals for myself and then beat myself up when I don’t obtain them, and when that happens I take A LOT of steps backwards. As they say the first step is admitting you have a problem, I’m full on acknowledging it and working to fix it. So I fully think that if I treat this as a full time job, I can easily do 5 pounds in 2 weeks. I am going to devote time and energy to this as I would my job and school work. When doing my work; I need to set up plans, charts, to do lists, reminders and some research to accomplish certain tasks. This will be no different.

The number one thing on my to do list for the week is to get up and go for a 1 to 2 hour walk, hey it might help me sleep*, research states “Exercising at moderate intensity for at least a half an hour each morning, seven days per week produced the best effect. Those who used stretching also had less trouble falling asleep.” Is that not a good reason to get up and do it, there is something else wrong with me.
The number 2 item is to track my points in my journal. I have been doing well on this aspect but I don’t journal every day, and I don’t jot down everything I eat, I sort of run a mental journal at times. Everything I eat, I will write down.

I’m sure I will have other things on my charts and lists but these are the 2 most important ones.

*I haven’t had a good night sleep for about 2 years now. It takes me about an hour to fall asleep and then I wake up about every 3 hours and sometime its takes me a while to fall back asleep.

No comments: