Road to becoming an improved person in all areas of my life; motherhood, health, religion, appearance, organization, financial.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

JAyME

In the last two meetings I have been in a room with 3 individuals that have lost 70-75 and 2 individuals who have lost 100 pounds. If you have never been to a WW meeting, when these individuals are being celebrated they are asked what words of knowledge they can share with the rest of us or helpful hints. This past a couple of the members mentioned that their anchor* is what has helped them in their journey.

One of the members Anchor was her wedding, how she wanted to look like in her wedding dress was her anchor. Another member’s anchor started when she found out she was going to be a grandmother, she wanted to be an involved/active grandmother, to be able to sit on the floor with them, dance around with him, and play in the park with him.

I’ve been around the block a few times and have heard this concept before but I never truly had an “anchor.” Yes I want to lose weight for my health, for my appearance, so I can stop being but butt of jokes because of my weight. Yes these are all great reasons but they don’t motivate me. These are not the reason that will stop me from eating a Hostess Yellow Cupcake.

So I went on a quest to find me an “anchor.” What is the true reason for me wanting to lose weight? There were typical answers as mentioned above and there was also my kids and myself. And then once I thought of my kids I felt guilty that I just wasn’t feeling it to make them my anchor. And I just wasn’t getting why I didn’t even want to make me my own anchor. So I dove a bit deeper to find out why two 3 best reasons in my live were just not clicking, and I found out that I was just generalizing us. I wasn’t thinking past our human form. What would it mean for the 3 of us for me to lose this weight, and once I started thinking in that direction it clicked. I am doing this for us, and that’s how I came up with JAyME

Junior Amanda y (in Spanish y means &) ME. I also like that it can be said as YAY ME!

Amidst the confusion of the times, the conflicts of conscience, and the turmoil of daily living, an abiding faith becomes an anchor to our lives. - Thomas S. Monson

No comments: