Road to becoming an improved person in all areas of my life; motherhood, health, religion, appearance, organization, financial.

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Things in my head

Shortly after I had set my New Year Resolutions, I had to eliminate one of them. We have decided that we will not be having a party for my daughter’s 15th birthday but take a trip somewhere.  So that leaves me with only one resolution but there are so many other goals floating in my head.

  • 10,000 steps a day
  • Stop Smoking
  • 30 Day Shred
  • Sweating to the Oldies
  • Blog Regularly
  • Picture a Day
  • New Thing a Day
  • Run 5K
  • Run ½ Marathon
  • Try New Recipes
  • Crock Pot once a week
  • Moister Feet
  • Gratitude Journal
  • Eating In
  • Pay off 3 Debts
  • Travel
  • Tattoo
  • Donate Palettes
  • New Job
  • Learn to use Twitter
  • Get Contacts
  • Give up FaceBook for a month
  • Decorate home for every holiday
  • Read a Classic
And I’m sure there are a few more floating around in my head that I can’t think of now. These were all floating around when I made up my resolution but they have been in my brain for a bit that I have made them resolutions in the past but never followed through, but I can’t get them out of my head and not to the point where I am going to jump and do them but just that I want to do them and here we are almost to the middle of the year and the whole “picture a day” and “a new thing a day” are pretty much eliminated but what if I do it for just one month? 

So far I have stopped smoking, started walking 10,000 steps a day and gave up caffeine. The turmoil in my head hasn’t quieted down yet but I think I have come up with a plan, there’s 24 items and if I break them down to doing 2 a month they might become habit and just continue them on, well except for giving up facebook: I don’t want to give it up forever but I feel that I can do other things than sit on the couch surfing FB for the gossip.

Oh and I have also been doing crock pot meals this month, so far about twice a week, and have limited eating out.  Granted this has all been do to my finaces, the true test will be when I have money to spend; will I eat out or make a meal at home?

No comments: