Road to becoming an improved person in all areas of my life; motherhood, health, religion, appearance, organization, financial.

Friday, January 27, 2012

Tub full of soup

A co-worker and one of my sisters were/are doing the cabbage soup diet and I got the great idea that I was going to do it too.  Two nights ago I went grocery shopping, left all the ingredients simmer in the crock pot over night and by the end of Day 1 I was done with the diet.

Whatever possessed me to think I could follow through with it, in all the times I have attempted this diet I have never passed Day 3. Oh but wait I did want the quick loss and I got the fabulous thought it would be a great financial saving to eat the same thing every day. And that people is why I have I huge tub of unappetizing soup in my fridge.

Ugh!

Here I am frustrated with myself once again. I’m spending money on WW just to use their scale; something I said I would never do again. The only plus side is that this time I am sticking around for the meetings and I am learning a lot from the meetings. 

The problem is me and how I run my household, and I honestly having put much thought in fixing the problem within me.  I bring in really bad food into my home because I have made my children extremely picky eaters. AND it’s also the guilt I fee to want to work on me. If either of my kids are in the living room watching TV with me and I know I should be working out to a DVD, I feel guilty that I don’t want to spend time with them. Then my daughter has me running all over town on weekend when I really just want to go on a hike. I also have an ex who won’t take the kids for the weekend, he would much rather hang out with them at my place and then that makes me feel guilty cuz the kids are spending time with their dad. It’s been a year since the split and I have been on mommy duty every day, and I’m a little burn of it.

So here I am frustrated, financially challenged with a huge tub of soup.

No comments: